Brand: Gizmo Dorks
- Metal Copper (Copperfill with PLA base) 3D printer filament vacuumed sealed with desiccant
- Extrusion nozzle temperature: 190 - 225 C
- 1.75mm filament diameter (Dimensional Accuracy of +/- 0.03mm)
- Net weight: 200 grams / Spool Diameter: 5.125" / Spool Width: 2" / Spool Hub Diameter: 1.5"
- Compatible with most 3D printers such as Monoprice Maker Select, Lulzbot, Flash Forge, and many more.
Publisher: Gizmo Dorks
Gizmo Dorks metal copper fill filament is a new filament that allows unique prints with a metallic look and finish. Metal copper filament is a unique blend made by combining real copper powder with PLA filament, and the filament prints very similar to normal PLA. The filament can be printed on either heated or non heated build plates. It's suggested to print on blue painters tape, and there is essentially no warping. If a heated build plate is used, then please set it to 60 C, and the print will have an increased adhesion to the platform. Metal copper fill can also be printed on regular glass, glass with glue stick, or kapton tape.
Please be wary of heat creep. PLA already suffers from heat creep and because this filament has real copper powder mixed in, heat creep effects may be accentuated.
Metal copper filled prints can be post processed. Start with using coarse steel wool to polish the surface. Remember this is just a polish and there is not that much pressure needed. Follow it up by applying a thin coat of black spray paint and immediately wiping it off with a cloth. This will leave the places that are harder to reach with a slight black tint giving it a beautiful contrast. Lastly, a copper polish can also be used to give a brighter shine and give some patina.
- Extrusion Temperature: 190 - 225 C
- Heated Bed: Not required but recommended at 60 C
- Diameter: 1.75mm
- Diameter Range: +/- 0.03mm
- Net Weight: 200 grams
Gizmo Dorks has proudly released this filament with a net weight 200 grams. The smaller weight spool allows users to try the filament quality and color before committing to a larger 1 kilogram spool.
Package Dimensions: 5.0 x 4.5 x 2.2 inches